View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown robin yes rheumatologist are great doctors mine got to the bottom of what i have

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingfaith View Post
Hi I'm new and not sure what's going on with me. I just recently suspected I may actually have fibro after talking with a good friend of mine about my numerous symptoms and day to day feelings. She said you know my mom has fibromyalgia and she started telling me about it. I did notice several similarities between what she was telling me and my own personal experiences. However my question for those of you suffering with this is how did it first present itself (severity, location, type of pain or sensation, etc) and how has it progressed over time? I know these questions are vague but for me I have gotten continually worse over the last year and a half and I'm looking for something I can relate too. I have been to several doctors all of which find nothing wrong with me as far as blood tests go. I also have seen a neurologist and they suggested possible peripheral neuropathy which I am leaning toward. The problem is the tests don't reflect that. They just suspect it. Any advice or help understanding would be appreciated. Thank you...Robin
hey robin yes rheumatologist are great doctors i know mine got to the bottom of what was wrong with me i was told when i was married by a doctor i was seeing i had fibro

but when i went to rheumatologist here in this state he got to the bottom of it and told me i do have fibro and its serve and sent me to doctor in the same office thats now taken care of my pain with meds and exerice and doing simple muscle stretches .

she also wants me in some kind of walking program during summer she treats all her fibro patients with meds and other things during the winter i know that winter is the worse for me .

with fibro flares and the pain summer does make me hurt to but not as bad as winter. she also said people with fibro need atleast 8 hours of sleep every night.

she also wanted me to get icy hot and rub it on my muscles and also take hot shower or bath to losen the muscles.
inchronicpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote