View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hadn't ruled out a sinus infection or allergies, but the fact that I have no other symptoms (ie, runny nose, itchy eyes, etc) makes me think otherwise. Plus, the symptoms appeared so close to my injury that I feel like it cannot be coincidence. If the symptoms persist I will attempt to get a scan of my sinuses to check, though.

This is not my first hard hit to the head, but it is the first that created symptoms that have lasted a while... the ones in the past I've shook off pretty easily. I've been on Google the past month self-diagnosing myself with everything and anything imaginable...

I'll be back in the US in July... so I'm still a few months off. When I do get back I'll be uninsured until I can find another teaching position, so my best bet may be to try and find care here. I am going to try to investigate acupuncture and therapeutic massage. When my headaches first appeared, I was able to control them with self-massaging my neck (many of my headaches radiated upwards from my neck).

If anyone has any advice on my symptoms, and what I should be asking for from a doctor if/when I go to visit I would appreciate it greatly. The past two times I've gone I've been brushed off (very frustrating), and I want to make sure I'm getting the proper scans and diagnostics done!
CountNomula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote