View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Hopefully, he'll be remanded to another ALJ.

The type of lawsuit that could do something about an ALJ could take years. Someone needs to do something about both ends of the spectrum--those that approve too many, and those that approve too few. It's just seems like that's a huge undertaking for someone that's struggling already...

On a forum at another website, a former ALJ clerk that wrote the decisions, performed much of the fact checking, and whose opinion was even factored into approvals and denials, wasn't even familiar with the grid rules. How scary is that??? And she bragged that the way she vaguely wrote them, meant they were upheld by the Appeal's Council. Mama Mia!

Bret obviously pulled the short straw with regards to getting this ALJ. None of us can say that an unbiased ALJ would have approved him though.

Bret, if you don't mind my asking, did the Vocational Expert testify that you were unable to perform any prior work (step 4) as well as any type of work (step 5)?
At my first hearing they had a vocational expert, because a theryipist made a mistake on hear report, the expert did say I could do sit and stand work, when it went to the appeals council they orderd the judge to have the theryipist clairify her report. The appeals council also orderd the judge to send me to a independent medical exam. The doctor saw me for no more than 4 min. and never even new about my two back surgery's I had, and stated I could do almost anything. We never saw the doctors report until 45 min. before the hearing, so my lawyer stated in his last brief to have it thrown out because he could'nt even cross examine the doctor if he wanted to. They had a vocational expert at my last hearing who stated I could work with the doctor they hired, and that I could not work with my treating doctors rfc's and the report from the theryipist. There is more I just can't think right now, thank you for your insite.
bretd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote