Thread: seizures?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi again Lisa .... I've had a video EEG twice at Barnes - October, '05, before my first surgery and May 07 before my second.
I think most e centers do their video EEGs differently. At Barnes I was wired into a bed and watched by a TV .... watched every second. Meds are radically reduced. lol lol -- when I needed to go to the bathroom I spoke into the air - I knew I was being watched and listened to - and someone came into my room to "help" me out of the bed and to walk to the bathroom. I was left alone while using the toilet but that's it. I was watched while I brushed my teeth !
I was really in bed .... not even allowed to drop a leg over the edge.
When the docs decided I needed something other than the bed I was loaded onto another bed with wheels and rolled into another room where they could make me exercise long and hard while wired. Yup -- that made me seize! lol.
The rooms at Barnes weren't nice or pretty but they did each contain TWO beds....... one patient per room but Barnes thought everyone dealing with such extreme testing would need a relative or such. And they knew a relative would demand to be with someone having such extreme testing.
I hope I didn't talk too much .... I just wanted to tell you that a video EEG has to be held in the hospital.
Again -- best wishes
Lisa14 (04-03-2013)