View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default the doctor is right about the Tylanol to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMacy View Post
I am a 64 yrs old woman and scheduled for dental surgery next week. Full mouth extractions and bone grafts. I will be sedated for the surgery. I was told, during a consult that I would require pain medication for at least 3 days after sugery.

When I was in my 20's I had a bad reaction to codeine which was given by a dentist. I had strong palpatations and racing heart and was taken to the ER. At that time, I was told I could never take any codeine again.

All these years, including childbirth and some broken bones, I've never taken a pain killer as everything contains codeine or a derivative of it.

I am very nervous about the upcoming dental surgery. The dentist said he could prescribe LoTab? He said it contains a small amount of codeine but not enough to bother me.

Does anyone know whether this is true and if there is any other type of medication I could take for pain? The dentist made it clear Tylanol will not be strong enough to get me through pain after surgery.

Thanks,
Jane
the doctor is right about the Tylanol to you wont make it through after surgery like that without something stronger
inchronicpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-19-2013)