Thread: PCS, and hope??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS, and hope??

Hello everybody!!! Fellow 26 year old male PCS sufferer here, thought I'd share my experience thus far.

I hit my head on a sink (forehead) while intoxicated and high on marjiuana around early December. Although i thought nothing of it at that time, it took me almost 3.5 months after countless tests, many hours researching on the internet, and visits to the doc to connect that i was suffering from PCS.

I didn't realize that i may have suffered a concussion from the hit, i went on about with my life.After a couple of weeks from the initial hit, i started feeling an occasional brain fog which i disregarded. I worked 40 hours as a parking supervisor at hotel, 20+ hours as a volunteer at a hospital to get into nursing school, and working out in between those two. Around February, i noticed the brain fog was an all day ordeal, but that was my primary symptom along with fatigue. I was also drinking on the weekends from January to February. Which couldn't have helped my recovery.

Now, im suffering brain fog, detached feeling or whatever the term may be all day, get headaches when i workout ( which i now stopped for 3 weeks). I get headaches if i sleep for too long, but i feel okay if i get 5-6 hours of sleep. Luckily my short term memory is fine, i dont have nausea or anything but im starting to get depressed that i won't ever go back to being the happy, loud, obnoxious self again. Summer is coming up and i had plans to travel, workout with my shirt off, party,workout, but all of those are washed away. Now that i will be starting nursing school in september, I really hope that this whole thing will be resolved by then.

I am taking supplements recommended in the supplements thread, and i will be seeing an acupuncturist on Friday. So i will report back with results.

People, lets keep our hopes up for recovery.
chickenmonkeyrs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote