View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I ended up at this site because I was searching this: Do nerves hurt when they are healing?
10 years ago I had breast cancer surgery and have had numbness in my right arm pit ever since. It has improved some since the surgery but basically didn't really bother me so I just went on. Several months ago I started eating the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as laid out in Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Nathasha Campbell-McBride. Several positive points of healing have occurred including watching my varicose veins disappear.
Well another symptom I've started seemed a bit frightening at first and that has been a variety of pains that started around my right elbow. The pains did not stay in one spot but have from time to time moved around to different areas and are now up into my armpit. One day I was thinking, "How can this diet which has brought so many other aspects of healing, be causing a problem in this area?" Then I had my ah-ha moment: growing pains! Maybe I wasn't experiencing a "problem" but another sign of healing.
Reading the posts hear where people have described what healing nerves feel like has been very reassuring. So my thanks for your help to me is to respond and let you know the incredible power of healing through the GAPS diet.
OneVoice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote