View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bryanna: Complicated Molar extraction pain?

Hello Bryanna,

I have had pain in my molar tooth that started like 8 to 9 years back. First the pain was like numbing , really mild sort of irritation in my upper 2nd pre molar . I ignored it, since it was more like an irritation. However since last 2 years , my molar started to hurt so bad with burning pain going to my temples and then at upper top side of my head, that i finally went to dentist and did a root canal. There was no sign of cavity or infection on xray , however my dentist told me that there was infection at the root of the tip. Pain returned within 8 months and finally extracted the molar 2 weeks ago. He didnt prescribe me any antibiotics , nor any painkillers. Now the pain is back, its sort of like pressure inside the extraction site, and burning pain that burns my temple and numbs my right side of head. Even my toothpaste burns the whole area. Now the tooth is gone, why still i have this pressure, numbness and burning . ANy suggestions plz.Also my extraction site is swollen and tastes funny
pcuser12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote