View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofrsd View Post
As a mom with a daughter that has RSD there are so many different looks the disease presents with. Her feet will go from a pale white to dark purple, blue, red and grey. The pain seems to go along with the color changes. There is a visible line where the RSD stops and starts. Anyone else have this experience?
Yes, I definitely had that early on (first year and a half) in my crps. The color change and the definite line where the crps stops was present also. I felt I could have been in the circus for the beautiful colors my foot changed from and to. The colors would be more intense if the air hit my foot and if my foot had any kind of stimulation. My GP had not had a crps pt. before and he asked me if he could see my foot. I took off my shoe & sock- the color wasn't so remarkable. But then over the period of a couple of minutes talking, it was a vivid blue with the line of demarcation. In fact, looking back, that's precisely how my ortho surgeon came up with the diagnosis. We were talking about my foot which was bare and after a couple of minutes, it had turned blue. He called his NP in to see my foot as well. I think this can be somewhat of a classical sign. Good luck with your daughter. I'm wishing her all the best.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote