Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My injury was early November 2012 and it wasn't until February that I had to admit I was very worried about the future and my mood was very flat. So at the end of February I was prescibed Cymbalta. It is hard to say that Cymbalta has erradicated noise and light sensitivity because these symptoms had already started to come and go - they were previously constant.

I would say that Cymbalta has helped my mood and this has in turn reduced symptoms. Worrying about symptoms of PCS increases the symptoms, so I suppose Cymbalta calmed down my thinking. It has also certainly helped with pain - in particular near constant sinus pain, jaw pain, cheek pain and it has reduced migraine type headaches. I previously had very bad insomnia, fatigue and tension waves through my body and leg pain/ache since November - and Cymbalta has also dealt with all of these symptoms as well. I suppose I am lucky that my doctor had faith in this drug to cure my numerous symptoms. I am still not completely better, but would say I am 75% better and I no longer have any side effects now the drug is well into my system. I hardly need to use Imigran anymore. Obviously withdrawal will be an issue, but I hope that I will only need Cymbalta in the short term so the withdrawal will not be so bad. It is a very good drug to take if it agrees with you.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-05-2013), Mokey (04-04-2013)