View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin

Things are continuing to improve. His blood pressure is now running in the 122/79 to 129/84 range, and the dentist told him to just come in for relines as needed, no appointment necessary. They expect it to take around the two to three month mark to be completely healed versus the typical six months. He's been back to work for a week now and not one single sinus infection, sniffle, sneeze, cough, etc!

Eating is coming along. He's not into pushing the envelope on food choices. We are eating extra lean (92/8) hamburgers, and lots of shredded or small bite chicken breasts. He says things like green pepper slices, cheese sticks, and smoked ham sandwiches are too tough still, and milk based dinners like stroganof cause a "slime" with the dentures. He thinks he can do a steak, but has yet requested I cook one. That's the goal he's aiming for. The dentures fit extremely well, he has progressed to a medium-like liner last week.

The only major hurdle left is convincing our health insurance to help pay for this. The company our policy is with is known for being hard headed and not paying anything. They have a bad reputation among other clients who have had them in the past, but here in Montana, there is a law that allows us to have an external review for denial, which they have to hire 3 independent consulting firms for the review. I just hope they see the medical necessity in this just like the many people I've talked with about this subject.

As a side note....one of his co-workers went in this week to have the same thing done for the same reasons, and another one, who is almost 10 years younger, is needing the same thing done for the same reasons.

I'll keep you posted.
Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Amy,

YAY!!!! So glad the surgery is over and he did so well!!!! That was A LOT to go through.... whew. And you are very welcome....~'.'~

I am not surprised that he feels better already. His eyesight may still change... I would give it several more weeks before getting a new permanent pair of glasses. The other option is to see the eye dr, explain that his sight may still change and can he have the lenses changed as inexpensively as possible as this may be needed a couple of time before he feels the sight has stabilized.

He should see the dentist if he gets a sore spot and not wait. He should be eating a soft nutritious diet and drink only water throughout the day. No sugary drinks or foods. Make sure he rinses with warm salt water 3-4 times a day and washes the dentures thoroughly when he takes them out.

He is on his way!!!!!

My best regards to your husband.... I'm glad he did well.
Keep in touch here, okay.
Bryanna
smickey59033 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote