View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental Bone Graft

Last year I had two dental implants put in. One implant was successful, but the other implant got infected and failed. In preparation for a new implant to be put in, a bone graft had to be performed because there wasn't enough bone left. My bone graft took place one week ago and is healing well. I just visited my oral surgeon today and he told me that everything looks good. However, I learned that I had been taking the antibiotics I was prescribed more infrequently than I should have been. There is a little bit of swelling and pain where the bone was grafted to, and while my surgeon was looking there he seemed a little concerned (that's when he asked if I had been taking my antibiotics). Is this swelling and pain normal, as its only been a week since the surgery? When I had the infection last time, it started out with pain and swelling, so I am very nervous that I have another infection. The pain is not extreme, but still noticeable, specifically when pressed on slightly. Does this sound like an infection? Last time, a sore formed on my gums and it had to be drained. What should I be looking for to make sure everything is healthy? I am going back for another check up in a week, but I want to be extra careful and diligent this time because I don't need any more problems!
Sundaybest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote