View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

1) Trigeminal Neuralgia cannot be alleviated by normal pain medication as it is a nerve pain. It can only be alleviate with special nerve pain medications such as Carbamezapine (Tegretol)

2) Trigeminal Neuralgia is a degenerative disorder. It WILL get worse over time if left untreated. It can go into recession for up to 6 months but it will not heal on its own -- anybody claiming otherwise is saying a complete falsification.

3) Being unable to see the compression cause on the Trigeminal Nerve is not proof that you do not have the disorder -- it is also not prood that you DO NOT have the disorder. Trigeminal Neuralgia can be entirely diagnosed via symptoms through a medical practitioner educated in treating the disorder -- and was the case for myself before I received surgery.

4) Over time your pain will change and spread along the trigeminal nerve and any areas that are connected to it, including your face, cheek area, teeth, etc.

5) You must only trust the judgement and orders of your neurosurgeon, seek multiple opinions and if you can find neurosurgeons who are known experts in this disease to help you.

You will be fine! Be smart and do not panic. Many have triumphed over this horrible disease including myself, but you be tactful in your journey.
colossal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote