View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone for all of your great support! It is now 17 days post-op and I'm still getting better everyday. I'm up to walking 4 miles per day, log in remotely to work everyday to do a few hours of work (periodically throughout the day ~ still too painful to sit for long periods at the computer), getting kids ready for daycare/school (they are 4 & almost 8) in the morning, making dinner and doing laundry (carefully). That said, I do get wiped out easily and by 8:00 every evening, it's most definitely time for me to rest in the recliner (that I'm still in). I haven't taken any pain medication in 9 days. I feel that it is pretty manageable ~ so far so good. I will take it if I feel I really need one though. My shoulder area - top of my neck is where most of my pain is. It feels very tight and sometimes I get some shooting pains. My throat isn't too sore but I can feel a lump where the hardware is. I hope that goes away in time. I still have numbness in my thumb and forefinger and am also hoping the nerves will regenerate. I have my first post-op appt on Tuesday and have made a list of questions - some of which is pretty random ~ like when I can go for a massage. Man I could use one right now!! Will keep everyone posted. Ironically, a week after my surgery, my neighbor saw me out walking and asked what happened to me. When I told him, he then informed me he is having the same surgery, except on c5-c7. He has been terrified because of everything he has read and not knowing anyone who has gone through it. He told me that I have helped to alleviate some of his fears seeing that I'm out & about. It meant a lot to me.
ChelKB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
don1956 (04-05-2013), eva5667faliure (04-09-2013)