View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New diagnosis, don't want to take the medication

So, I'd mentioned in the new member forum that I am newly diagnosed.

I've been having these episodes since a small child but was just diagnosed on Wednesday with Epilepsy. It's scary and it's sad.

But I'm having trouble taking my medication. I already have generalized anxiety disorder, which includes a serious fear of medication. I avoid taking it at all costs. But they gave me Keppra 500mg two times a day. I picked it up Wednesday night, planned to take it Thursday morning and didn't. Planned to take it this morning and am too afraid.

I know me, and I know I will forget it take it many times. I always forget to take my medication. Heck I have a bottle of antibiotics from ages ago that's got more than 1/2 the antibiotics I was supposed to take, I forget to take my medication and I get anxious thinking about taking it. When I start this med I can't forget to take one.

I'm putting off taking the medication which isn't so smart for me I'm sure. I'm just afraid it may make the seizures worse, I'm afraid it may induce a seizure, I'm afraid of missing a dose, afraid od everything involving this new diagnosis. I know I need to take the medication, I just don't know how to be comfortable with it and not panic.
purpleflyingmonkeys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote