View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My last post may have been sort of confusing. The redness between my teeth he said is most likely caused by my teeth moving. It is not sore but it is sensitive to coldness. It is not getting worse it looks pretty much the same.

The new inflammation that I am experiencing is from food getting into gums at the sites. He said there could be a couple reason for this including the gums are still healing and it at the bottom which is more prone to food getting into the gums. I think he said that shifting teeth can make this problem worse but I may have misunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Marge,

Well...... that was a waste of your time :/

First of all she cannot tell you the rash was or wasn't from the amoxicillin. However, the be on the safe side, you should be allergy tested for that drug before ever taking it again.

As far as the inflammation and redness in that area of your gums.... what the heck is a "random" diagnosis?? What does that mean?? :/

Many general dentists are a bit..... uninformed..... about oral surgery complications. Perhaps that's because they usually only perform simple surgical procedures and/or rarely deal with the complications because when they do arise, they refer those patients to the oral surgeon.

As for the oral hygiene comments she made to you..... she may or may not have been correct in that observation. But usually a dentist will not even comment on that unless they see a generalized plaque problem. Did she explain what/where she was referring to and offer you some constructive help?

Is the reddened area getting any worse.... bigger.... sore....??

Any chance you could post a picture of just that area?

Bryanna

QUOTE=Marge1;971697]So I went to go see another dentist today since the surgeon will not be available till next week. I know I'm not a dentist but her advice did not seem to help she basically said it was random with no cause.

First she did not beleive me when I told her I got a rash from the original amoxicillin that I was given. She was like its probably from something else even though a rash is a very common side effect.

They took an xray between the teeth and didn't see anything so I guess that was a good sign. She said that its probably random and unrelated to my wisdom teeth even though I never had a prior problem with my gums. She said its probably not the antibiotics either.

The she lectured me on proper oral care when I was always told that my teeth were healthy and that I was doing a good job.

Anyways she told me to wait and if it doesn't go away to come back again. I will go and see the original surgeon or another dentist if it doesn't go away by next week.
[/QUOTE]
Marge1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote