View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Marge,

The "medicine" that the dentist applied to your gums was probably an ora base or something similar which is simply benzocaine. It really has no medicinal purpose other than to numb the area to reduce discomfort. If this isn't what he used, then I have no idea what it could have been.

It is common to get some food debris in the surgical areas and so long as it is not causing inflammation or pain, it is usually not a big concern.

Just be mindful of your home care and be as thorough as you can be. Not aggressive just thorough. Hopefully you're on your way to healing okay!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge1 View Post
Thanks Bryanna for the support for giving me your support it feels good to know that I am not just crazy making things up.

On the amoxicillin issue I plan to take that up with my doctor when I am done with this issue first. I have read that it is not necessarily an allergy and it may be possible to take it again with no reaction . I definitely would want to take an allergy test first.

The oral hygiene lecture mostly annoyed me because she just went on and on longer then she actually took trying diagnose my problem. It was like she was trying to fill time because she had no clue what was going on with me.

I went to go see someone else today that has experience in removing wisdom teeth since I started to get some inflammation in my gums in between the site and the rad gum section. He was a lot more helpful. He said most likely what is happening is that even though I am healing well the gums can still let some food in since my teeth my be shifting. He did not want to give me anymore antibiotics since I am still taking some and after a week of taking a second one he didn't want to mess up my body anymore. Instead he put some sort of medicine in my gumline he told me the name but it escapes me now. He said it does not look serious and to finish the antibiotics. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this and will let you how it progresses. I may try to take a picture later but I don't want to move around the stuff that he put in my teeth right now.

Also as a side note he did not mention anything on oral hygiene so it must have not been as bad as the other dentist told me.
[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote