View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sundaybest,

By any chance are either of these implants replacing extracted root canaled teeth? If so, what was the dental history on these teeth?

It is difficult to determine if there is infection or not just one week post op unless you had significant swelling and pain. So more time is needed to see what happens. It is important to take the antibiotic as prescribed and avoid eating on that area.

If your symptoms increase within the next couple of days, then see your oral surgeon before your next scheduled appointment.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaybest View Post
Last year I had two dental implants put in. One implant was successful, but the other implant got infected and failed. In preparation for a new implant to be put in, a bone graft had to be performed because there wasn't enough bone left. My bone graft took place one week ago and is healing well. I just visited my oral surgeon today and he told me that everything looks good. However, I learned that I had been taking the antibiotics I was prescribed more infrequently than I should have been. There is a little bit of swelling and pain where the bone was grafted to, and while my surgeon was looking there he seemed a little concerned (that's when he asked if I had been taking my antibiotics). Is this swelling and pain normal, as its only been a week since the surgery? When I had the infection last time, it started out with pain and swelling, so I am very nervous that I have another infection. The pain is not extreme, but still noticeable, specifically when pressed on slightly. Does this sound like an infection? Last time, a sore formed on my gums and it had to be drained. What should I be looking for to make sure everything is healthy? I am going back for another check up in a week, but I want to be extra careful and diligent this time because I don't need any more problems!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote