View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Hi Justice

I was raised Christian, but I no longer belong to the church or call myself a Christian (nothing personal, just don't like labels).

I don't think it's selfish to pray for yourself, as long as you're careful in what you pray for. When praying for myself, I tend to pray for strength and understanding instead of specifics. I also think it's important to pay attention to the world around you - the noise and the silence.

When I look back on the burdens I've had to carry, I see why I had to carry them. They were useful lessons and tools. They either served to give me strength, or they provided me with the expertise I need today. If others had carried the burden for me completely, or sheltered me from life, I'd be in a real mess now.

If my illness progresses as my mother's did, my future burdens will slip into the category of extreme challenge. I've got nothing better to do, so I figure I'll see how much I can take. I won't allow my world to come crashing down on me until it really does come crashing down on me.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote