View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosed with major depression

Hi Everybody,
I have just been diagnosed with major depression. I have chronic pain and other problems that you can read about in my signature. I have had a problem with passing out in public/private and hitting my head many times resulting in many concussions. This passing out problem has also given me a major anxiety problem. I am unable to stand in any lines, go to the grocery store or crowded places, work etc. I was denied disability and applied again on a new claim in March. This depression comes a lot from being in chronic pain daily, having severe limits on my life due to the anxiety disorder and from being denied disability. I am so depressed I am worried if I can pull out of this. I am so stressed out about being accepted on disability because I really cannot work so what will I do? I need to see a psychiatrist but Medicaid does not cover any mental health (at least in my state). Does anyone have any ideas on how to see a psychiatrist with no money? I need the records from one to get disability and I need disability so I can get myself treatment. if anyone has any suggestions for things that can help major depression I would appreciate any advise. I have tried many different anti-depressants and had real bad reactions to them all. They aggravate the REM sleep disorder that I suffer from and make me feel insane. I take MS Contin for my pain and feel like it helps for depression also. I can't tell disability this though or they will just look at me as being a drug addict and not trying to do what I can to get better. I do meditation which I think is the only thing that has kept me alive for these past few years. I am sorry for any of you that are suffering with depression. This is just a miserable condition. Any advise/comments would be appreciated.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-05-2013)