View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14 View Post
Welcome! And Happy Birthday!! I think you will find a lot of support here, I have. How did you get your concussions? Do you have permanent brain damage or do they think it will heal? What other symptoms do you have other than slurred speech?
Lisa
Thank you!! I suffered my first concussion when I was 12 years old playing softball. I took a line drive straight to the temple, the only thing I remember was waking up on the bench. I had a few more due to sports, three due to car accidents and the most recent one was a 'double tap' concussion. I sat down in a chair at a hockey game and it flew backwards and I hit the back on my head on a brick wall behind me. I wasn't too effected at that time, but the next day I simply bumped the top of my head while getting into my car and lost consciousness. I've been told there is no permanent damage and I go in for check ups quite frequently. Symptoms: anger issues, which have been extreme in the past but with therapy I've been able to keep it under control, daily headaches, vertigo, mood swings, confusion, memory loss, insomnia...
Kristina_A2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-07-2013), ginnie (04-07-2013)