View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sundaybest,

Okay so you were congenitally missing teeth. By any chance are these your upper laterals? If not, what teeth are they replacing?

Did you have orthodontia to create space for these implants to be put in?

Replacing congenitally missing teeth with dental implants can be a bit tricky because the bone in these areas is compromised due to the fact that there was no tooth there before. It can be done successfully in many cases and is becoming more popular due to the various size options in dental implants.

You may be developing a canker sore.... not uncommon. These usually occur 3-7 days after oral surgery and can become very sore for a few days before it subsides. But if you feel that it is more than that... please see your dentist.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaybest View Post
Thanks for replying Bryanna! The implants are being put in because I never had the adult teeth (there was nothing wrong, the teeth were just never there to begin with). I'm going to see my surgeon next week so hopefully everything will be alright! However I looked today and it it almost looks like a tiny sore is beginning to form, so I'm definitely going to be talking to him sooner!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote