View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree, it was late for me, I was rushed and tired, and didnt spend alot of time reading that one in depth enough.

Couldn't really find any indepth references to the S100-B protein and Enbrel.

These 2 present information calling for randomized studies, which we would all agree are needed: (They are referencing the same studies.)

TNF Inhibition

NIH Reference

If you research further into the references from NIH there is some reports that refer to the peri-spinal injections, and the administration - I believe that that topic is left to be covered by the administering facility, which in the US would be the Radiology Dept. who would most likely be administering them by Radiologic guided means. (Acknowledging the litigiousness nature of our culture)

IMO, there are many things about Enbrel, and many of those newer drugs for the auto-immune diseases are scarey . I don't know but a very few folks who are taking them, and so far they are comfortable with them, and I am happy they feel like they are receiving some improvements of their conditions; but after I have read the Warnings boxes of some of them, and with my ongoing condition, I would Balk at using them just because they do give me pause.

And with that said, I do not see how they could possibly have randomized studies without providing full disclosures on the Warnings of the totalilty of the side effects and not have study member flee from the room........

I wish them the best with their studies, I don't expect progress to be rapid in the case of these medications hitting the market soon though, for the US - but I have been wrong in the past.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote