View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Checking pulse and feeling breathless

I have been thinking of your situation. While I still think you should get a shower chair. I also think perhaps you should get a automatic blood pressure cup. Do not get the ones that go on the wrist they are not accurate. This will help you gage your symptoms so that when your low you will know when it is time to sit. When your high you can take your medication. I am sure this is difficult... It is for me as well. I get breathless in the shower and even pass out sometimes. Since our body's don't listen to our brains with this disease it is hard to control your breathing. Now I had to leave my career in nursing just this last year I am going to say to you what I would say to one of my patients. Count your pulse for one min. If your pulse is 100 or higher and stays that way for 30min or longer it is time to talk to your doc or take your medication. Some docs are familiar with this disease and will have already given you script. As for your breathing you really want to stay under 22 breaths a min. Most are 16 to 22. Sooo count your breaths for a min and see where you are at. You may need something to help calm you down. Ask your doc for a medication that is taken as needed for anxiety
SHADOWHAT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote