View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
If you can get a SSD lawyer to help you file your appeal. That would be the best way to go. Also keep a journal and copies of all your medical records. The process is long (you already found that out) and horrible to go through. An Attorney can keep things moving along a bit better than an individual. Almost nobody tries to do it themselves. If you can ask your doctors to write a personal letter to the aj judge, this can help your case as well. What my PCP wrote, was what got me another look by the judge. It took me four years to qualify. I wish you all the best Donna. ginnie
I was approved for ssd in feb 2013 for depression and chronic anxiety. I was denied the first time on my own and the second time I was approved with a ssd attorney. I had yrs of papework from being hospitalized ( my attorney) says that helps. I also had psychiatrists, counselors and of course family doctors notes. Its so important to have these things. Having just a family doctor isn't enough ......you have to show that you have been working with a Dr that works with someone with your condition. I wish you the best!!! I know it isn't easy living with depression.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-07-2013)