View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How do I tell if I have broken my leg?

Hey...

Well, as most of you know I have severe full body RSD and have contractures with most joints especially from t/c spine down.

I went to the bathroom today and whilst transferring the controls on my electric wheelchair got hit, smashing at full speed into my left leg and smacking it against the toilet REALLY hard (and I heard a crack). As you can imagine it hurts like F*** now!!! But, I have a huge lump and swelling across the back of the leg, can't move it (that's not a new one!), swelling (again, not a new one), pain, (not a new one), alloydinia (not a new one), black leg (not a new one), spasms (not a new one), hot/ cold stuipidity (again, still, not a new one).

So. What do any of you advise? It hurts far too much to get into the car and it hurts far too much to be out of bed so I don't want to get it x rayed if I can avoid it. Do you think I am being too laid back to go "does it matter if it's broken? I am unlikely to ever walk on it again? Oh, I don't know. It's too complicated. Every time I go to A and E they decided I have Muscular Dystrophy and it just makes life too complicated (one time it was "Well.. this is what happens with Muscular Dystrophy. What do you expect us to do?").

So - any advice? Anyone broken anything RSD ish recently? Although I have broken stuff since RSD I havne't broken anything "significant" in a long time and am not sure how to deal with it!!!

Thanks!! Loads of Love

Frogga (who is feeling very sorry for herself and abit humiliated about developing a toilet related injury).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote