Old 04-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgrome View Post
Congratulations Icehouse on your awesome journey & remaining sober! And Beachbumb... I hope that you are finding much relief with your supplements. How are you doing today?

Although far from fully recovered - I was feeling a good bit better after 2 weeks of no sugar/alcohol & a bunch of new (Mrs.D approved) multi-syllabled vitamins. But last night I had 2 glasses of delicious red wine & a small piece of cheesecake at dinner and BAM! I woke up with leg pain that I haven't had in weeks. It's lasted all day & I am struggling between being happy that I now know that alcohol must definitely play a major roll in my suffering and being sad that I probably can't enjoy wine ever again.
Try using in moderation (one drink to start), some quality filtered Vodka. Skyy...is quadruple filtered. See if your feet react to it. They make it in pints, so you can buy just a little.
Quality vodka in moderation does not set off my feet. But any kind of wine sure does! So does beer. Beer in fact upsets my GI tract as well. Smirnoff is a close second to Skyy. (avoid all the flavored vodkas)

I've learned to drink the vodka, because I need a relaxer now and then. My old fave, Canadian blended whiskey has become history for me however, along with the other alcohol sources.
It is not always just the alcohol, but what comes along with it that can be so problematic.

When you drink however, you will need that Benfotiamine (or regular Thiamine) to help metabolize it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
jcgrome (04-07-2013), kidwonder (01-19-2014)