View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi catra,

You are very welcome!

Glad to hear you are happy with your decision and that you are able to clean those areas better now.

Healing takes time... we can't rush it no matter how hard we try. Patience is a virtue.... that's for sure

If your pain does not continue to become less and less each day then you may have something to be concerned about and should see your dentist. Otherwise hopefully you will continue to heal okay.......

Keep us posted!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Thank you so much Bryanna...that answers a lot of my questions and I feel pretty sure everything is normal and I just wanted that reassurance since they didn't answer all my questions when I was at the dentist.

My bridge spans teeth 6-12 and the missing teeth are 7 and 11.

What you mentioned about the eye tooth makes a lot of sense. The tooth was not actually really a part of my "bite" before because it was so high up it didn't even go below the gum line...which would explain why it feels so very different now. That's actually the spot where I feel like the teeth are rubbing against the inside of my mouth...it's probably just that I'm not used to actually having a TOOTH there with the rest of them.

I think the bridge teeth are longer than my natural ones so if the lisp thing doesn't go away then I will go over that with the dentist for sure.

The black stuff around where the eye tooth was has gone down a lot so I think you were right about it being excess blood. It probably just looked worse than it was. There's still some but it's definitely less.

I've been very good about using the threaders and cleaning around the bridge. I think the problem yesterday where I couldn't get through was just from swelling...it was fine tonight and no forcing or anything was needed. All went smooth.

I am really so happy that I had this work done and am feeling comfortable now that all is as it should be. I'll make notes of anything that is still bothering me before my next appointment in 3 weeks and hopefully we can make any adjustments then.

The pain is still pretty bad today...but better I think. Woke up in a LOT of pain this morning but throughout the day it has evened out to mostly just discomfort.

Thanks again.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote