View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I visit the Neuro every 6 months for the past 2 1/2 years I had a series of blood tests that all looked normal . My B12 reading was 803. I take a 1000 mg Bi2 tablet daily.

He ran an electrical test on my legs at the beginning and and a couple of years later and it showed no change. He said the right toes were worse than the left, but to me the left feels worse. He bangs my knees and ankles with his hammer . Hw was looking to see if i got a zing in my toes, which I didn't get. He also tested me If could tell when he was raising or lowering my toes. I was able to tell.

This week I asked him what type of Neuropathy I have, and he said motor neuropothy. He based it on the fact that I was not having noticeable pain. He didn't think the brain was involved, but it did involve the spine.

We both have concluded that I did not need any medication.

I do take Alpha Lipoic Acid, 300 mg twice daily, and Acetyl L Carnitine, 500 mg twice daily. I also take a B100 complex once daily, a multivitamin once daily and 500 mg Omega-3 twice daily. I also take Zocor and Coumadin and other vitasmins and supplements for heart related purposes.

I hope I have covered all the bases which people have recommended over the years.