View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi catra,

I think it is wise to see the dentist on monday.

You mentioned that you felt the teeth were longer than your natural teeth. We also talked about how the "new" eye tooth was going to change the shape of your arch and alter your bite. Both of these things will cause your bite to be much different than it was before which could result you clenching down while you sleep. This would cause you to wake up in excruciating pain and would tend to subside as the day goes on.

I would discuss this possibility with your dentist tomorrow. Sometimes a minor adjustment can make the world of difference.

Regarding the discoloration and inflammation at the sight of the eye tooth... this could have something to do with you clenching as you may be pushing that portion of the bridge up into the gum area and also you may be cleaning too well (!!) in this area with the floss threaders. The area is tender from the surgery and needs time to settle down.... so over stimulating it can cause it to inflame and be sore. Again, I would discuss this with your dentist.

Keep me posted...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
The pain hasn't really gotten any better the past few days. Every day I seem to go through the same cycle. I wake up in the wee hours of the morning (usually around 4:00am-4:30am) in excruciating pain. I take some Tylenol and Advil but it takes several hours to kick in. By around 10am the pain has subsided to a dull ache but only after taking 2 Tylenol and 2 Advil every 4 hours from the time I wake up to the end of the day. If I am even half an hour late taking them then the cycle starts all over again.

It's not my whole mouth or gum line along the bridge...it feels like it is more localized to the area where the eye tooth was extracted. I think I will call the dentist on Monday and see if they can check it out. The gum where that tooth was extracted is looking particularly inflamed, red, and it's pretty sore.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (04-07-2013)