View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Hi Guys,
I have not received the written report from the neuropsychological testing yet but what she did say to me is that she does not see any permanent brain damage. That is good news! You know I have had 8 or so concussions from passing out and hitting my head on concrete etc. The passing out thing was diagnosed as hypoglycemia (it's where your blood sugar drops suddenly- it is the opposite of diabetes). But what she did say is that I have major depression. A score of 30 is worrisome and my score was 50. She also said I have a major anxiety/panic disorder caused from passing out in public so many times. I still have the passing out problem. The most recent event of that was in October I passed out and hit the bathtub and broke my nose again. Anyway, she told me that I must try to get out of the house as much as I can for short periods because I will end up just being stuck in a room if I don't. She agrees that I cannot work and went over my denial letter from disability and is writing a letter that refutes some of the judges findings about my medical records. Like the judge saw that I went to a movie and used that against me when really my doctor forced me to go out once a week and that is why that was in my medical records. The judge is saying -you can do these things but not understanding that I have trouble just leaving the house and these activities were forced therapy. So I am hoping her letter will help with disability. It sounds like it will. I know part of my depression comes from being so stressed out about money. I really cannot work. I know that and I don't know what I will do if they deny me again. I feel like I will have to kill myself because I will not be able to live. So hopefully I will get accepted for disability and that will help. I have to go to a psychiatrist for the depression. I live in chronic pain so that is also contributing to the depression factor. I will let you know what the report says when I get it. Should be next week. Hang on there everyone. If I don't have permanent brain damage after all the hits to the head I have taken chances are all of you will heal up with some time.
Much love to you all,
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote