Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Oculo palatal myoclonus

Hello there,

My husband suffered Brainstem cell stroke located in the lower part of Cerebellum two years ago , he is 50 years old.
he was recovering, 3 months post his stroke while coming back from physio in hospital in his wheelchair, his mind /head "spun" for a fraction of a second and ever since then his health has been deterring.
He suffers from OCULO PALATAL MYOCLONUS, his eyes are closed all the time,he has double vision, central vertigo symtoms, tinnuts, internal body shacking, tremors, his body feels extremly heavy, no center of gravitation, double vision.
He is full of life and still exercises never mind the fact that each movement he makes his body sends very strong jolts/shocks .

I am looking for Chinese veteran of clinical and teachings of acupuncture.

Nothing is working in our favour.

Someone please if you know , please help us.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsie View Post
HI I had botox shots in the palate of my mouth for my palatal myoclonus. They are very painful and dangerous because that is right near your swallowing muscle etc. One time out of four was helpful. The other times resulting in massive ear popping- aggrevated my myoclonus. If you can find an accupuncturist who is very well studied in the authentic Chinese ways of accupunture- perferably someone directly from China who has studied many years there- then accupuncture has been helpful to me for both my palatal myoclonus and my spinal myoclonus. I went to one accupuncturist who did not really know the body connections and after those accupuncture sessions the ear popping was absolutely horrible- 72 pops per minute in each ear for 2 straight weeks. However, I have just started going 2 times a week to an amazing accupuncturist who taught and studied accupuncture for 37 years in China and he has been very, very helpful. So study who you go to and try accupuncture NOT botox. Good luck. Topsie
pilka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote