View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimcrazy View Post
Hi, everyone. I suffer from depression and as of late, I have been managing it well. However, I am noticing a new problem... I don't make sense. I know that seems weird but I just don't. I say things and people are like "What?!".
Hi, I don't think you're crazy. I've sure been there, saying things that sound crazy and come out despite not being what I mean.

Years ago at a pancake breakfast before Lent, one of the guests was talking about some famous person that had something go wrong with his brain, so that if he wanted someone to pass the salt, he might say, "Can you open the window?"

Back then I laughed, though I knew it must be major frustrating to have that kind of problem.

More recently I was living in a condo I bought not knowing it had been built over a full, outdoor toilet pit. I began to fall a lot, to have memory problems, and to have a lot of trouble saying things clearly. At one point I was being interviewed for a tiny spot on the news. The reporter asked me how I knew something was wrong. I said I wasn't feeling well. What I meant was that I had lost feeling in my feet, causing me to fall lot.

Sigh. It still makes me sad to have lost my former wonderful ability to say things well and clearly. But, on the other hand a lot of practice and vitamin B12 has brought massive improvement.

That said, have you looked into the symptoms of low vitamin B12? Depression is certainly one symptom of low vitamin B12.

My doctor said I should be on Prozac for life, and No, he would not write me a prescription for more vitamin B12.

When I began having more than one B12 shot a month, my depression went away. When I changed to a holistic doctor who wrote me a prescription for the cobalamin for a shot a day, horrible peripheral neuropathy pain that I'd had for years went away. Doctors had all said it was permanent nerve damage.

If I were you, I'd look into symptoms of low vitamin B12... Doing that changed my life for the better.