View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi,
I've never been on zyprexa but I hear that folks can gain a lot of weight and do so in a hurry. It is probably scarry to watch that happen to your body while you know that the med is helping your head.

I did not mean to suggest a med change. And I would not recommend Topamax to anyone. I was on it a couple of months and miserable every day with EVERY side effect (it seemed that way according to my memory.) And not everyone looses weight on it and not every one gets any head benefits from being on it.
I guess I was just suggesting that your talk to your pdoc more about your weight and let him know that weight is a huge issue for you. Better to make it an issue for him than go off by yourself and take diet pills.

Darn. I really wish that diet pills worked. Or that we bipolar people could experiment with them without fear of loosing our stability.
I am going to try my weight loss hpynosis CD and see my hypno-therapist again soon (I pay her out of pocket so I don't see her often.) Maybe the hypnosis and some of her techniques will help me think more about wellness than I have been.

Job stress is connected to weight for me. When I have times of low stress I can focus on my own needs.

Good luck with your plans.
Feel better soon.
M.