View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry you haven't had any responses. I would suggest getting copies of your MRI -- go to the hospital where you had the MRI done, and ask for copies of the MRI. Tell them you're going to get a 2nd opinion from another doctor, but tell them you don't know WHO you're going to yet.

Then ask your doctor to refer you to a DIFFERENT neuroSURGEON -- NOT a neurologist. There is a difference. Make sure it's a NEUROSURGEON. And get his opinion on the MRI. Take someone with you so they can write down what he says, and YOU write down stuff too. Then get one MORE opinion from a DIFFERENT Neurosurgeon. You need at least 3 opinions from Neurosurgeons, so that you can make an education decision or you can be secure in the diagnosis. If all 3 think you have MS, then it's pretty safe to assume that's what you have.

If only one thinks you have it, chances are you don't and you'll have to keep looking for a diagnosis.

Best of luck to you in your search for a diagnosis. I do hope you are successful. PLEASE let us know what you find out, will you?? Or you can private message me, because I REALLY want to know!! God bless you and please take care. And again, I'm sorry it's taken so long to get a response. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-10-2013), ViolinAddict (04-08-2013)