Thread: Gabapentin
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I was on Gabapentin (Neurontin) for awhile, and I just HATED it. It made me feel loopy, and not only that but I gained 30 lbs in WATER weight! My legs and feet were swollen something terrible, and i told my doc that this just was not acceptable.

I did some research on similar drugs, and found an article on Topamax -- some people call it "Dopamax." lol Anyway, I asked my doc if we could try it, and he put me on it. It does NOT dope me up like people say -- but perhaps it does others, I don't know. All i know is I lost ALL the water weight and then some. I don't feel loopy. AND - all the burning pain is gone!!! I get no more zaps either. I used to get "electrical" zaps along with tingling and the feeling of water running down my legs. That doesn't happen anymore either. So it works great in my book.

Just thought i'd let you know my experience. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote