View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'm so sorry you're having these problems. Do you have an attorney to help you with your disability claim? You should have. YOu could hire one on contingency, meaning you don't pay him anything -- he gets his fee from your back wages (the social security claim). I do hope you have one.

If you get denied this time and DON'T have an attorney, GET ONE. And hire him on contingency. He'll get you approved quickly because he knows the proper paperwork & wording, etc.

How often do you pass out or have these seizures? Perhaps your medication needs adjusting. It may need to be increased -- talk to your doctor about this if it's happening often.

It's strange that mental health isn't covered on your state's Medicaid program. I thought it was covered on all states, but evidently not, huh? You might check and see if there is SOME way that they could get it thru for you. Perhaps under special circumstances??? It's worth a check.

I have major depressive disorder too (clinical depression) and I've been on medication for about 40 years. And I'll be on it the rest of my life. Right now I'm thinking I may need a change in medication because I'm getting used to this one. I'm at the maximum dosage of this med, so a change is needed.

Some psychiatrists see patients on a sliding scale basis. You pay according to what you can afford. But you have to find out in advance which ones they are --- you'd have to call and ask before making an appointment. If they say no, then you might ask if they know who DOES work on a sliding scale basis.

I wish you the very best my friend. I know how difficult this is. Please take care, and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-07-2013)