View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=pegleg;972918]In August, 2000, I allowed experimental brain surgery to be done on me. Although only six people were enrolled in the Phase I (Safety), I felt I needed to do this. Of course I had only begun to learn about the drug approval process and how risky it was to do what I did. But I do not regret it.

Four years after the first cohort of six had surgery, a 48% improvemennt was holding. The sponsor had also obtained fast-track aproval from the FDA.
I thought we had found the cure. Then on July 8, 2008, after 72+ people had the same surgery and half with a sham (fake) surgery control, the trial stats failed to meet its endpoints, and the trial was halted. I still hung onto hope and still do. I dont think that the trial I was in (called Spheramine and later the STEPS trial) was the cure, but we learn from failures, too. m QUOTE

Peg, we learn from the failures unless the failures are covered up and made unavailable. That is what is going on. Half the trials are buried and no one sees them. That's what the petition is about - ALL must be available. Is the info from your trial available? It should be.

I have been in 3 trials. Never published. Betrayal. Science fraud. They only publish the money-makers.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-08-2013), Stand Tall (04-08-2013)