View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quick update:

I visited an ENT over the weekend. He listened to my symptoms and tentatively diagnosed me with a CSF leak. He told me to go to the big university hospital and speak with a neurologist, which I did. I am scheduled tonight to go and have an MRI of my head taken. They did not ask for a sample of my fluid (it is 99% post-nasal anyway, back of throat, so I doubt I could've produced some on demand).

I feel like I am making progress toward understanding what is happening to me. I am a bit worried that because my symptoms are lower today, the scan may miss something. HOWEVER, I want to make sure that:

a. I am getting the correct testing done
b. I am asking the right questions when I speak to a neuro about the scan

Can anyone with some experience chime in? Is an MRI sufficient to show a CSF leak? Even if there is no 'brain sagging'? And what sort of things should I be asking the neuro when we discuss the results?

Symptoms: Congested/plugged ears (along with post naasal-drip and drainage down back of throat), increased tinnitus, sound sensitivity, minor imbalance, difficulty concentrating, difficulty reading and focusing on words and moving objects.
CountNomula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote