View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Catra,

Did the dentist do a complete comprehensive examination of your entire mouth prior to the removal of #11? Or is he just focused on dealing with this area at this time? If a comp exam and full mouth series of x-rays has not been done, then I urge you to have that done before you move forward with any further treatment. It is imperative to see what is going on with all of your teeth and not just this one area as your treatment plan may change according to what else is going on.

It concerns me when a dentist preps teeth for bridgework and very shortly thereafter a prepped tooth shows up infected.

I know you said you have been neglectful with your dental care..... so have lots of other people, you are not alone in that. But I just hope that your dentist is not patching up the obvious areas and instead is offering you total comprehensive dental care. What do you think is happening??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Oh boy...not very good news. I was able to get in to see the dentist this morning and this just kind of sucks.

Apparently the last tooth in my bridge (next to the eye tooth...tooth 12) is infected and now needs to be pulled. Fantastic.

So the plan is to cut my current bridge (the temporary) in between the two front middle teeth and leave it in place on teeth 6-8. Then a new bridge will be created for 9-13 and they will pull 12. I just cannot seem to catch a break...but these are just the unfortunate consequences of years of neglect and health problems.

So for now I am on antibiotics and have been given hydrocodone. That's supposed to relieve the pain until I can get in to get this new work done...which unfortunately won't be for several weeks. I've got to try and arrange my schedule to make it work...hopefully sooner rather than later.

This will make 7 teeth pulled this year...seems like a lot...
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (04-09-2013)