View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Default Hi everyone! New Here. My Story.

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself.

I have been hit in the head a total of 7 times in the past two years. Most recently, I was hit in November. Then Again this January and then again middle of February. It was the February hit that has changed my life. Since then I have suffered from constant daily migraine headaches with light sensitivity in the left eye, pain in the head and pins and needles feelings as well. I've had to stop marathon training and my M.A program. The pain has improved a little bit but it's still there. I also had a normal CT and vision check. I haven't gone on any medications as I want it to heal naturally. I've been on a vitamin Regimen and have gone to acupuncture once a week which hasn't made a noticeable difference. I saw a neurologist for the first time last week and she prescribed a course of predisone. I haven't taken it yet as I'm a little bit afraid and still prefer to let it heal naturally. But I can't take the daily constant pain and just might start it tomorrow.

Can anyone please give me some advice or thier own thoughts on my story?
Why would a concussion cause daily constant migraines?
Is a migrane due to inflammation from my concussion?
Can predisone really help me? My neurologist told me that she has seen success with it with her other patients. So if i take the week long course will the daily migranes just really suddenly stop?
I'm so confused and scared and reading a lot of the posts here just scared also that things won't ever get better

Thank you everyone for your support.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-08-2013)