View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Keppra

Hi, I just thought I'd share a little with you. I have a 9 month old little boy that started having life threatening seizures when he was 5 weeks old where he would stop breathing. It's a long, sad and just plain crappy story up in till a couple months ago. His neurologist put him on Keppra, and he is doing amazing! It is one of the better seizure medications by far I feel.
My son was on a couple othesr b4 this one and he seriously just laid around in a mild coma like state...it was so sad! Once his body adjusted to the keppra and the other drugs were out of him he perked right up and actually started acting like a normal baby. The Drs told me that because of all the meds he most likely would be very delayed....well he is almost walking at 9 months! He is happy, never fussy, and pretty much the best baby ever! ( I have three other boys to compare him too...lol)

So I guess the point of my little story here is just to let you know that Keppra is great when needed, you should give it a shot, I know everyone is different and not all drugs work for everyone, but this one has been a savior for us! Good luck and stay strong! xo
cali4nia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote