View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help understanding MRI language

I have congenital spinal stenosis, had cervical surgery '09, some improvement. This relates to my lumbar area, can you assist in converting into plain understandable english ? These are the highlights.....I comprehend much of the rest, it is more of the same I have heard over the years, this stuff is new to me and I can use some education before speaking to my Dr..

1. Bone marrow signal/fracture: In the interval, there has been development of edema involving the right pedicles at L4 and L5 with edema seen in the facets at L4 -- L5 on the right. Also, some edema involves the L4 spinous process and lamina with adjacent edema in the posterior paraspinous soft tissues noted.

2. L4-L5: Broad bulging annulus moderate to severe facet degenerative*change noted with moderate canal stenosis seen at this level. Moderate*right and mild left foraminal narrowing seen at this level.

3. Interval development of extensive edema involving the right facets at L4*-- L5 extending to the pedicles at the L4 and L5 levels with involvement*of the posterior elements at the L4 level. Some inflammatory edema seen*about the right facet joint and posterior elements at this level.*Imaging findings are favored to represent marked facet*arthropathy/inflammation.
steinec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote