View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default All good tips here

My advice that I wish I could go back and do over - Do not tell your supervisor\manager ANYTHING concerning your injurie(s). Only provide work notes from doctor that is it!!!! I actually though the questions my manager kept asking me were out of concern. I was in an auto accident and that is something most people relate to in their own families at one time or another. It ultimately caused my employer to make revisions to job and others road blocks to returning me in any capacity; however disability will tell you if you can blink, talk, push a button then, you should be able to work doing something.( there is not concern if the job doesnt pay but min wage) there is no correlation to what you were doing prior to injury\accident and how that can alter your life and well being in all aspects. Checking tickets at Costco doesnt begin to compare to being a systems engineer. Also understand your benefits prior to getting hurt on the job. I wasnt all that concerned with them as I though they existed so who thinks something is ever going to happen to you to actually need to use them.

HR departments are nothing more that mouth pieces for the corporation they serve, and WILL DO NOTHING to aid an employee when a Manager or the Company are engaging in suspect\wrong\corrupt\deceitful behavior.

Also please take a look at your own auto policy,
LTD policy if you have one. If you can afford it, increase your underinsured motorist coverage. I was hit by a drunk driver who cannot even be located by their own insurance carrier and they had\have nothing which by law means they pay you nothing! Your own insurance foots the bill and then if you dont have descent coverage yourself, well you are SOL. Oh and if this is also a work related MVA - WC your helath insurance, LTD, or private insurance policy are intitled to everything they spent first and foremost, and that is before your atty get all of their expenses paid etc.. so in the end little to nothing from almost nothing leaves absolutely nothing! Just trying to keep it REAL.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-28-2014)