Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by amike View Post
There is a strong circadian pattern to my NLD SFN/G. When I get up in the morning all is well. However across the day, burning in my thighs, arms and face gets worse. I'm typically most miserable in the evening when I am trying to relax after work. It may be that I have fewer opportunities to get fully engaged in a task that limits my awareness of pain, but watching TV at night is a high probability time to notice pain. Probably a statement on the quality of TV programming.
I would wonder if you have an inflammatory thing going on?

Late afternoon is when your cortisol levels dip, and they come up a bit after dinner. Then fall again around 4am. Cortisol is your natural anti-inflammatory, from the adrenal glands.

You could try our AlkaSeltzer original formula trick, to see if
it helps. If it does then you have some inflammatory thing going on with your PN. AlkaSeltzer works fast, and has aspirin in it in solution, so is less irritating to the stomach. Do not use if you take blood thinners or have a bleeding disorder.

There are several versions of AlkaSeltzer, don't choose the Cold types. Original formula is the one that works.

Inflammatory types of PN can be arthritic, lupus, compressions in the spine, etc. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet may help.
Also some natural anti-inflammatories like bromelain (enteric coated), curcumin, quercetin, etc, may work too.

Did I ask you about using any ACE inhibitor drug for hypertension? If you use one, this could be causing your problem too. They raise bradykinin in the body, which dilates blood vessels and this puts pressure on nerves.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-04-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Fixing grammar and spelling
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote