View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

No you're not alone with this issue, and it is a tricky one to raise.

Wih regard to the sensations thing, I found this a real problem on pregabelin, and didn't realise the med was the reason until I had to stop it because of body-wide electric shock symptoms that made me jump and sweat in fear. Doc got me off the pregabelin fairly quick, and over the last 6 months of so since things have improved. I do still find sex a bit of an issue, as so much of my skin is hyper-sensitive now and there is a very fine line between pleasure and pain... I don't envy my husband at all trying to walk that line, poor man

Must admit that I tend to skip the more intimate foreplay aspects a lot of the time now myself, and I concentrate on enjoying the basics and having a giggle with each other. I can't honestly say I have orgasms often these days, they aren't what they were, but the endorphins are still working for me lol, I feel more tired afterwards, sleep quicker and more soundly after as well. All a big bonus!

I do think it's very important to try to keep your sex life going, but don't feel you have to fake it or endure anything that is uncomfortable. Talk to him and find a way through the CRPS thorns, a good sex life is still possible and enjoyable. It's like every other aspect of our lives with this thing, compromise and making the best of things.....

I'm not sleeping well myself at the moment. I hate it when my husband is soundly asleep next to me and I can't even get comfortable. Feels very unfair. I'm actually off all meds now apart from lidocaine patches, and I'm coping better than I thought I would. I found the side-effects of the meds were even more of a mare than the CRPS pain, and coming off has made me realise that they weren't doing much now anyway. Glad I did it. I still hurt, but I'm more me again than I was for a long time.

You're not alone, I hope things improve - let us know, and feel free to message me if you want a chat any time. Good luck!

Bram.
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote