View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Reading MRI results and then constructing various imaginary pain scenarios is truly putting the cart before the horse. Diagnostic imaging (MRI) is done to confirm or deny and facilitate a suspected diagnosis based off of the history taken and clinical examination findings. MRI impressions do nothing more than describe anatomy, both normal and abnormal, but do not "show" pain. Your doc determines whether or not the "findings" are significant for you.

I guess the take away here is that the MRI findings will help support or deny what your referring doc is already considering. They are almost never ordered as gateway to a "fishing expedition." I would simply ask your doc what each finding means and how it relates to your problems.
I'm disappointed and offended by your comment. My question has nothing to do with "constructing various imaginary pain scenarios". Did you get that impression from the MRI language ? Those are cut/paste words straight out of the mri results. I am simply trying to understand the language/meaning of the terminology in those line items so that I can ask intelligent questions when we meet the Dr. end of week. In the past, I would simply paste in the terms used in the mri's and get definitions and piece together the meaning, now there is this forum that offers another avenue of education. This IS NOT the kind of response I expected when I researched all of the posts last night and chose to join this forum.
steinec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote