View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Welcome

You've come to the right spot, with knowledgeable and compassionate people.
Most of us have symptoms similar enough to yours, that we can relate.
While I agree with the need to visit a neurologist, etc., my experience was that it was expensive, painful, and ultimately useless. The medical establishment seems intent on placing numbers on things, billing insurance companies, and relieving symptoms; mostly at great cost to kidney and liver health.

There are several potential causes for the nerve damage. Increasingly, there is awareness that the hybridization of wheat, combined with the FDA pushing a "healthy whole grain" diet, has greatly increased the intake of gluten, which is a poison. Most people can tolerate a certain amount of gluten, although I don't believe it's healthy for anyone. Many of us have increased sensitivity to it, and eventually have symptoms. In my case, I believe the gluten burned out the receptors in my gut for B vitamins. I've been gluten free for a year now, have lost 50 lbs, and while I still have symptoms, and expect I will for some time to come, I no longer take any pain medication. A year ago, I could hardly walk, and was living on large doses of Ibuprofen, knowing I was killing my kidneys.

Does this have anything to do with you and your symptoms? Probably; but maybe not. Its a possibility; the wonderful thing about sites like this is learning the possibilities.
Steven N is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chicosalt (01-15-2017), ginnie (04-09-2013)