Thread: organ donor??
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wasn't sure where you wanted me to reply, so I chose here, lol.

I have had a donor sticker on my license since they first came out. I have never been sentimental about the remains of my body, to be honest. I wanted them to take any and every thing they could use to improve someone else's life.

However, eight years ago I had to start saying "no", and it was psychologically devastating. Maybe I was being over-sensitive, but I swear the lady at the driver's licensing place gave me a disappointed look! I have aids, so of course I no longer qualify as a donor. When I told her that, I had NO idea that I would then end up with a notice on the back of my license stating I had a "medical condition, r.e. aids/hiv"! It's not that I am ashamed of it, but having it printed on the back of my license isn't fun... even checkers at stores see it. But I have gotten off the original subject.

I plan on leaving my body to science, some school can use it for teaching purposes, but it's not the same thing. I implore anyone healthy enough to donate to please do so. Not only does it change many lives, that gift you give... but it helps ease the sorrow of the loved ones you leave behind.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote