View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltra View Post
The burning in my left arm is getting worse (almost daily) and my left hand is starting to burn as well. I am thinking about going ahead and having the nerve responsible for the skin feeling cut.

Has anyone had this done, I am trying to understand all the long term effects.
My understanding is that nerve neurotomy or ablation is not permanent. Diagnostic anesthetic blocks are done before the neurotomy/ablation to predict the outcome. In my personal experience, only nerve pain originating in the spine was helped and pain due to the TOS/brachial plexus was not effected. Based on the diagnostic blocks, I only had RF ablation of the C2/C3/C4 nerve branches to relieve occipital/trigimenal neuralgia (which did work).

When the burning pain down my arms into the fingers recurred and I became debilitated again, nothing else helped so my surgeon went back in and performed neurolysis to clean scar tissue from the brachial plexus which had reformed. The procedure on the left side was 5 days ago and I already feel relief in my arm and hand. I will likely have the same procedure on the right side in the next few weeks.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote